.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Seven Hills

Boston-area exploration, travel notes, crafty things, and other Somervillainy.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Mmm, Beer

I guess it's already old news, but last night I discovered for myself that the already awesome Somerville Theatre in Davis Square now sells beer and wine to go along with your popcorn and movie.

That's enough to now put the Somerville Theatre experience on par with our beloved Parkway Theater in Oakland. The Somerville may not have pizza and couches like the Parkway, but they do use real butter on their popcorn, and the screening rooms smell a lot better than the Parkway, too.

Appropriately enough, I learned of this development while attending a screening of "The Simpsons Movie." Man, some people sure were excited about this movie. I mean, I enjoyed it a lot, but a guy behind us was clapping and barking like a trained seal at even the dumbest of the jokes. Maybe that was Homer himself back there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home